1. Healthy skin care starts whit a healthy, well balanced diet. There are many important vitamins that help to maintain healthy skin. Vitamin A (also called Retinol) accelerates cell renewal and stimulates collagen, which helps reduce wrinkles and fine lines. It hydrates and softens the skin, giving it a smoother texture. Some food examples of Vitamin A are liver, fish oil, eggs, spinach, whole grains and red, yellow and orange fruits and vegetables.
Vitamin C can also increase the production of collagen in the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines. Some food examples of Vitamin C are citrus fruits, strawberries, spinach and broccoli. There are also Vitamin C lotions and creams that will help maximize Vitamin C results.
Vitamin E is also an important vitamin for skin. It fights free radicals and helps prevent the damaging effects of environmental factors such UV rays and pollution. There are many lotions and creams that contain Vitamin E. Some food examples are wheat germ, sunflower seeds or oil, peanuts, almonds, spinach and broccoli.
2. Exercise regularly. Exercise increases the flow of oxygen and nutrients to your skin. This helps maintain glowing, healthy skin.
3. Wear a sunblock every day to guard against harmful UV rays and environmental stressors. The primary cause of premature aging is exposure to the sun.
4. Choose your skin care products carefully. Toxins are absorbed and eliminated through the skin. Always read product-ingredient labels closely.
5. The environment is also a factor in how our skin appears. Dust, dirt and pollution are absorbed into our pores. A good skin care routine is a must. Cleansing, hydrating, toning and exfoliating are essential for good skin care.
6. If you smoke – QUIT! Smoking damages your skin. It decreases the blood flow and deprives your skin of needed nutrients and oxygen.
7. Limit alcohol intake. Alcohol in excess dehydates your body and your skin.
8. Get plenty of rest. Sleep is an essential component of healthy skin. Getting 8 hours of sleep a night helps improve the texture and appearance of skin. Dark circles and bags under the eyes reveal our lack of sleep. While we are sleeping, our skin is restored from the harmful effects of daily stress.
With proper skin care and healthy living some of the damage and aging of your skin can be reversed. You can help to restore the beautiful skin you desire.
You can find a lot of extra information about a healthy skin in the Skintervention Guide.
More information about The Skintervention guide? click here!